Every new or old product in market need some form of a marketing strategy in place for its overall promotion, to reach it to the millions of consumers across the country and sometimes across the globe. And advertising is a mass media that every product manufacturer turns to when it comes to promoting a brand and that to a large population base spread across continents.
But how far an advertisement becomes successful or penetrating depends on many factors – both gimmick and technical – without which the entire process will be of no use. That is, the trick lies in designing, directing and producing an ad that stands out from the rest, but at the same time conveys the right message to the customer in simple enough and catchy terms. Let us see some of the many ways to make your ad sell successfully.
- Make use of a lot of examples in the ad. Try to make it eye-catchy and appealing to casual onlookers. The ultimate success of the ad depends on how well it could enter the subconscious of the customer.
- As a general rule, the thing that is being advertised need to be clear in itself. After all, there is no point in showing something people never understand. But that shouldn’t stop one from printing one or two ‘hard’ terms. Intelligently using such terms can muster added mileage provided you follow it up with a simple explanation of the concept. This will put it across another point as well – that you are an expert in the whole thing.
- The ad can portray a scene where somebody in a different and elevated position and him/her telling how he/she was in the shoes of others before the product brought about such a sweeping change.
- Another trick to drag audience attention is to offer them a challenge, in the context of the product. Nobody likes to shy off from a non-hurting challenge, and that’s where an ad guru needs to play into. The old trick of offering the customers a free product in return if they could solve a poser put to them still works in the modern ad equations.
- Make it a point to introduce oneself in the ad. It will be really awkward, if after reading halfway through the reader start to wonder who actually is selling the product.
- If you could add some interesting stories as part of the ad, it can be a good point of attraction. It evokes a curiosity in the mind of the reader, which is vital for any ad to draw success.
- While revealing features or advantages of the product, don’t list too many. Readers may not have the patience to go through the entire thing and they turn to the next page instead.
These are some general points or tips that could work for any ad. But one is encouraged to use his/he creativity to maximum use and such innovations could add an extra yard to the entire effort. The entire campaign should be a balanced mix of one’s creative genius and a fool proof marketing strategy. And that exactly makes every ad campaign a success. Good Luck!