There are literally hundreds of thousands of people discovering the benefits and flexibility of working from home in multi-level markeing businesses throughout the world.
MLM is a great equalizer where anyone can succeed because success is independent of age, race, sex, or any demographic and MLM therefore holds great appeal for many.
Are you ready to start your own MLM business? Before you embark, what sort of investment should you consider?
To answer these questions, this article will outline the six-part investment required to be successful in your own MLM business.
- Capital investment. Any business will require money. Fortunately within the MLM industry you can start your own business with relatively minimal cash investment. You don’t need to rent, buy or lease business premises or hire employees. You don’t need large capital sums required to franchise a business (typically up to $250,000). And, since you will be creating your own good will, you don’t need to outlay funds to purchase goodwill.
- A willingness to take personal accountability. Well established and well run MLM groups will have a clear and defined mentoring or coaching system which will fast track new beginners. However, it is up to individuals to take responsibility for their own learning. The faster you learn about your business and develop the skills to train others, the faster your success will come. You will need to actively seek out information.
- Invest in personal development. This is critical so you maintain a high level of enthusiasm. This investment is about developing an ability to maintain relative emotional stability and bounce back quickly from setbacks. While some businesses are labour intensive (e.g. home cleaning business) and others are capital intensive (e.g. a dentist or doctor), MLM is enthusiasm intensive. Learning to maintain genuine enthusiasm is a skill many need to invest time and energy to learn.
- Develop a passion to help others. John Milton Fogg in “The Greatest Networker in the World” shows clearly his key to MLM success has been a passionate desire to help others achieve. You will need to be able to show your distributors how they can make money and you will need to coach them until they achieve their financial goals. Some people have mistakenly thought of MLM as primarily a sales business. In many aspects, it is, however MLM works as an effective distribution channel where leaders help their downline to achieve their individual goals. The best MLM-ers learn to become exceptional trainers.
- Giving up your time outside your job. One of the most powerful aspects of MLM is that you can build a business part time while working full time in a job. MLM success comes to those people who make a conscious commitment to work on their business a dedicated number of hours each day and week. You will need to be committed to jealously guarding those precious hours so other life-matters do not take over.
- Become a problem solver. Probably not long after you get started you will encounter some problems. You will have new skills to learn and at first your judgement will not be well established and you may not see problems emerging until they arrive. It is a simple fact that some things will go wrong. Findly solutions will be your responsibility. How you emotionally approach and handle these challenges will determine how large your business will ultimately grow.
If you are prepared to make this six-part investment in your business then a MLM work at home business may just be the vehicle to secure your financial future.
About the author
Kim Beardsmore operates a successful marketing business from home. If you’re serious about earning money from home and are willing to work (this isn’t ‘get rich quick’), then we’d like to help you grow a profitable business. We offer complete training, online and offline resources and a partnership for success: http://free2liv.com/?refid=6invst-567885640