Recently a supplier that I have used for a long time was bought out by another company. Even though the new organization provides the same service at the same price, I’m disappointed. I’ll miss the friendly help the original owner provided.
Come to think of it, his personality and assistance was the main reason I was his customer. When I talked to several friends who also use the service, they said the same things.
This brings up a great point. Customers buy for a lot of reasons and most of them have nothing to do with the quality or price of your product or service.
- Your personality
- Your service
- The way your store or website looks
- Your philosophy about life, business, or politics
- The way your store smells
- Your efficiency
- Your reputation among people they know
- Your location or memorable web address